With constant resistance equipment, if you lift a 20-pound dumbbell, it remains 20 pounds throughout the exercises. This helps you by keeping constant resistance on the target muscle group. There are several advantages to using contant resistance equipment.
- Simple, easy to use, relatively inexpensive
- Requires balance resulting in better coordination and greater muscle utilization
- Provides for greater variability
- Easy to maintain, take up very little space
- Exercises resemble real-life movements