Try this sexy legs routine if you are short on time but need a good workout. It is best to perform this routine in a gym with a leg press machine, leg curl machine, and a treadmill.
For the best results, we suggest tracking your workout results using a Fitness Log Journal.
Here's a summary of your workout
1.) WARM UP-TREADMILL JOG/WALK
Walk for 1-2 minutes. After walking, jog for 5 minutes straight at a good pace (4.6 mph or higher)
- A. Quadriceps Stretch: To do this exercise while standing, simply grab hold of a stationary object for balance with one hand and use the opposite hand to grasp the leg around the ankle, lifting it toward your buttocks. Make sure you keep your back straight and not allow the knee to drift forward ahead of the stance leg.
- B. Hamstring Stretch:.Lie on your back, keeping the back flat and your eyes focused upward. Grasp the back of one thigh with both your hands and (leg bent) pull that thigh into a 90-degree position vs. the floor. Then slowly straighten your knee. After you've gotten used to doing this exercise, you can achieve a better stretch by pulling your thigh closer to your chest. To avoid injury, make sure you don't overdo it.
3.SUPERSET BETWEEN LEG PRESS AND LEG CURLS
Do each exercise 3 sets of 15 while alternation between Leg Press and Leg Curls without rest.
Time to complete: 10 minutes
- A. Leg Press: This movement works the quads, hamstrings, and glutes. The leg press allows you to work your legs hard without putting extra stress on your back. Sit in the leg press machine with your back on the angled seat and your feet on the footplate about shoulder width apart with your toes pointed forward or just slightly out to the sides. Straighten your legs and release the bars at the sides of the machine. There is usually a handle on each side for you to hold on to and stabilize yourself. Bend your legs and slowly lower the weight until your knees are at a 90-degree angle. Straighten your legs and lift the weight back up to the starting position. Repeat.
- B. Leg Curls: This movement isolates the hamstrings. This exercise is good for developing muscle detail in the backs of your legs. Lie face down on the padded bench with your knees just over the edge of the bench. Hook your feet beneath the roller pads and grasp the handles at the sides of the machine for support. Curl your legs and lift the weight up. Pause at the top for a second or two to enhance the peak contraction in the hamstrings. Lower the weight slowly to the starting position. Repeat.
4.)SUPERSET BETWEEN LEG EXTENTIONS AND CALF RAISES
Alternate between Leg Extentions and Calf Raises without rest
Reps: 3 sets of 15
- A. Leg Extentions: This movement isolates the quadriceps. This exercise is good for developing muscle detail between the individual segments of your quadriceps muscles. Sit on the leg extension machine (adjust the seat according to your body). Hook your feet beneath the roller pads and grasp the handles at the sides of the machine for support. Straighten your legs and lift the weight up. Pause at the top for a second or two to enhance the peak contraction in the quads. Lower the weight slowly to the starting position. Repeat.
- B. Calf Raises: Place a wooden block or something similar on the ground that is at least 2 - 3 inches tall. Grasp a dumbbell in each hand. Position your toes and balls of feet on the block with arches and heels extending off and resting on the floor. Raise your heels by extending ankles as high as possible. Lower heels by bending your ankles until your calves are stretched. Repeat. Keep your knees straight throughout exercise or bend knees slightly only during stretch. Can also be done with a barbell on your back instead.
5. ) TREADMILL JOG
Jog on the treadmill at a good pace for 3 minutes without stopping.