Avoiding excess fat consumption is the key to effective weight loss. Small adjustments to your diet can make a huge difference in your success. Here are 8 tips to cut fat from your diet.
1. Read labels to determine both the amount and type of fats in foods.
2. Instead of red meat, sometimes opt for chicken or fish (Skinless cuts out even more fat)
3. If your diet consists of large portions of meat, try to eat more meatless meals. Use vegetables, grains and legumes as the main dish.
4. Select lean meats and eat smaller portions (three to five ounces). Trim off the fat.
5. Limit intake of fats and oils, especially those high in saturated fat. Choose a margarine that has at least twice as much polyunsaturated fat as saturated.
6. Broil, bake, or boil foods instead of frying.
7. Cut back on fat-laden snack foods e.g. potato chips, cookies, and pastries.
8. Stop Cola consumption
For every 20 ounces of Coca-Cola you drink, you're consuming 250 calories. If you're trying to consume around 1700-calories a day in order to lose weight, you can blow your entire calorie budget on soda.